Monday 9 June 2014

A new Tasmainian oak floor in Caulfield North.

I had the oppertunity to lay,sand and finish 220 m2 of Tassie oak flooring in Caulfield North for LBA Constructions earlier this year. The owners of the house had the floors specially milled to 65/14mm. Being a very narrow flooring it took a while to lay, but the result is great.
The floor was fully glued and secret nailed. The floors was laid and then left for other trades to finish, except for the scirting boards wich was installed after the floors was totally finished. I did several colour samples direct on the floor  for the owners to see. They decided on a ebony/ natural mix. I used Bona Dri Fast direct stain first and then Bona traffic HD Extra Matt finish. Here are some photos from the job.



































5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about replacing my carpet with wood. I like how the wood looks and it seems easier to clean. I will only have to sweep and mop instead of do this deep clean. http://www.floorsadelaide.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wood floors! I have decided using wood tiles at home at it turns great plus it's a lot easier to clean. For my garage, I applied epoxy flooring for stain-free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this blog, I am very impressed with your blog and it is very useful for me and other. Please visit at House Painters Sydney Renovation Re-invented - Get a Quote in Under 2 minutes then personalised design and support from start to finish with top rated local tradespeple- https://www.houseace.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, If you’re looking for Timber Flooring Expert in Melbourne? Uniting Floors is the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blogs that understand the value. I'm glad to have found this post as it's such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so I suppose I'm lucky to have found this!
    Engineered Timber Flooring Brisbane
    Timber Flooring Gold Coast
    Timber Flooring Brisbane
    Hybrid Flooring Brisbane
    Flooring Suppliers Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete